Myrto Papadopoulos works on long-form narratives investigating Documentary Photography and the limits of the medium itself. Pushing the traditional boundaries she seeks to construct a new language with her visual narratives, experimenting with new tools and other media (cross media).
Papadopoulos was born in Greece and began her studies as a fine art student majoring in painting and photography. In 2006, she applied for a documentary photography degree at the ICP (International Centre of Photography) in New York where she was granted a scholarship.
She has been an IMEDD fellow for 2019 – 2020 supported by the Niarchos Foundation, has been nominated for the Prix Pictet and the Magnum Foundation grant.
From early on in her career, she has collaborated with major media international outlets, and organizations such as Smithsonian Magazine, Nationalgeographic.com, TIME Magazine, GEO, The New York Times, WSJ, The Washington Post, DIE ZEIT, BBC, ARTE TV, among others.
Her work has been awarded and presented in solo and group exhibitions e.g.
– Mois off De La Photo 2008, Paris
– PHOTOQUAI – Museé Quai Branly 2009, Paris
– LOOK3 Between Festival 2010, Virginia
– DUMBO Arts Festival 2011, NY
– Athens Photo Festival 2011 – Solo exhibition, Athens
– Flash Forward Exhibition 2013, Toronto & Washington DC
– Lishui Photography Festival 2015, China
– Tositsa Foundation 2016 – Solo Exhibition, Athens
– IDFA Doc Lab 2017, Amsterdam
– TBLISI Photo Festival 2018, Tbilisi
– PHotoESPAÑA 2019 – official section, Madrid
– Athens Photo Festival 2019 – official section, Athens
She is represented by Redux Pictures in NY.
E-mail: [email protected]